Monday, November 18, 2013

All Smiles

There is something about Sundays. Start early by going to church with family and any activity that follows seems effortless, productive and calm. Yesterday, I found myself happily nestled on a sunny Sunday... again. Though I was focused on my readings about the life of Ninoy, I am comforted by the company of my two children and my adorable, wide-eyed, black lab. It is on these moments that I appreciate being away from the city. A good book to enjoy, an old cartoon movie to watch for the nth time, and afternoon naps are so precious that once threatened by an invitation trip to the mall in Manila can all of a sudden win over against the charm of our provincial living. Don't get me wrong, I still love and will always look forward to taking trips to the shopping malls. But these days, being at home on weekends is something I wait for the whole week. Sunday is my day of rest. A day to be still and just enjoy the calmness. This indeed gave me smiles that prepared me for the week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment