Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Secret Habits


They say, children are creatures of habit.  I say, we too dear parents are not exempted. Pretend that no one else would be reading this.  Here are some of those habits I would want to stop…. or at least minimize.

Indulge myself secretly with chocolates before a meal.  Sometimes, while I wash the dishes so kids (and hubby) would not see.  It is such a mood lifter for me.  I often feel so tired working in the kitchen all by myself.  A chocolate is my reward.

Make impulsive purchases on blouses or tops that fit perfectly on me… I actually buy them in all colors.  I only do this because it is not often that I find something comfortable, chic and that actually fits nicely on me.

In spite on our house rules regarding eating inside the bedroom, I still do eat my lunch there while watching T.V. whenever kids (and hubby) are out.  It’s quite boring to be alone in the dining table.  Besides, it’s the only time I can watch T.V. without interruptions.

I sometimes buy books and magazines which I hide inside my bag using the grocery money.  The kids and I love books.  I had to regulate our purchases because books cost so much now a days especially when you want a new one every weekend. So, I feel guilty when mommy buys and the kids can’t.  But I make sure to buy for them as well the next time.  It’s so heart warming sometimes when they offer to use their own money just to buy books.

I wonder if other moms have secret habits too.  I wonder what they are.  Am I alone on this?  I hope not.  It will just magnify my guilt.  Do I want to stop the habit?  Yes of course I do.  Writing about it openly makes me want to improve and practice self-control. These simple pleasures of mine shouldn’t be kept secret any longer.  The next time I crave for chocolates, I would share it with my daughter Ali…. even if it’s before a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment